Every rider has a Bucket List of equestrian activities they'd like to achieve some day if possible.
Mine include but are not in anyway limited to the following:
- Ride side-saddle
- Ride Western
- Try Polo - I really want to go back to Argentina for a week of this!
- Ride on the beach
- Ride my own horse(s) on a beach
- Go to Aachen, Hickstead, Olympia, Mechelen, Badminton or Burghley and any of the big Parisienne indoor SJ Paloozas (ie: Saut Hermes or the Gucci Masters etc) ... heck any and all other horse events within traveling distance would be epic!
- Go to Kentucky in general & particular the KHP, maybe for a Rolex weekend if I can swing it!
- Go on a trekking and/or safari on horseback holiday
Personal riding goals
- Return to working on lateral work with Kika namely leg yielding, L works on it with her but I haven't done any in ages as I never felt comfortable doing it on my own so don't want to give mixed messages.
- Do more work on flying changes and learn to ask for them without a pole over which to ask for the change (only time I've done it - thankfully she changes herself when jumping and/or the jumps we are doing low enough for the moment that if she is wrong we can still get over them)
- Learn to turn on the haunches & forehand
- Keep working on the basics with Nancy and develop our bond.
As with any equestrian, this list is subject to change as goals are ticked off and new ones born!
PS: All photos have been pinched c/o google images & I claim no copyright!