Friday 18 July 2014

Farrier Friday

The pair of them getting thoroughly pampered
Living up to the blogname
The girls finally got their pedicures today, despite  the flies doing their best to disrupt and the sun scorching for the day - I even had to call the yard owners to come put out a fire that started on the edge of a (thankfully cut) straw field.

Drama drama drama for my day off -
not news worthy terrifying but scary in the moment
We are not prone to randomly starting fires here - although talking to the farmer later in the evening. He thinks some muppet tossed a cigarette butt...scary!!! Some people are just so stupid! I cannot understand people still smoking with all the cancer research - but to toss cigarette butts when driving near stubble fields on the edge of a forest in the heat we had today = LUNACY!

Their feet were in a bad way - i be a bad mama
*blush*
With their new kicks, the girls are going to get a rude awakening as saddle time gets stepped up a gear. The only problem with increasing their workload is that mine is doubled - the girls aren't the only ones who'll be getting a butt whooping in the fitness stakes. Their not being ridden means I haven't been riding so we're all pretty unfit!

More Derpy Kika-snaps
To help in that quest, I made contact with the new trainer on the yard today and arranged to have my first lesson next Friday. I can't wait - hopefully I don't completely mortify myself with my abysmal riding.

Already shared on insta, but had to share here too.
N would be less bothered by flies if she'd keep her mask on!

10 comments:

  1. Ahh the fire is a bit scary! I don't understand why people still smoke either. Apollo is the master of the shredded fly mask...I'm starting to think he has help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen mine use the water trough as a "scratching post" & pull off the fly mask...maggots!

      Delete
  2. Scary on the fire part! I hope you have a great lesson! There's no way you will mortify yourself. You're seeking to learn, no one should ever be embarrassed of their skills when they are making an effort to improve them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually fall into the trying too hard trap and end up riding stiffer than I would on my own...hence knocking he horsies & myself off balance.
      Sadly knowing I do this doesn't help me stop myself from doing it...

      Delete
  3. 1) eeek, fire! 2) Hehehehe derps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freshly done tootsies are my fave !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they were badly needed this time! Now for the hard work of shedding pounds and getting us all fitter again!

      Delete
  5. Wow that's a lot of flies in that picture!!! Silly girl needs to keep her mask on. So your girls get their feet done at the same time?? By hot guys? Nice! Lol. The fire is definitely scary. I'm glad you saw it and it was put out before spreading. I'm so excited about your lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were thoroughly pampered by farriers - there was even a fan set up behind Kika - that's what she is looking at in the first picture, she kept trying to angle her backside towards the breeze - LOL!
      Fingers crossed on lesson - have to ask my supervisor if i can have the afternoon off on friday!

      Delete

I love to hear from readers, thank you for your comment :-)