This is a work in progress list as it is super hard to come up with 30 things that
(a) i want to do in the next 12 - ahem 10 months...clock is ticking eep!!!!
(b) striking a balance between challenging myself and achievability! (yes blogger this is now a word, deal with it)
|All credit for idea & super logo goes to Lauren @shemovedtotexas|
1. Meet as many blogger peeps as I can
(I will add to my Bucket List, not limit myself to a 10-12 month window)
|LINK - not my image|
2. Do 100 sit ups a day - every day!
A six pack for my 30th would be awesome! I found the above workout option on Google - will see if i can do half those things *squeals-with-glee/groans-at-the-work-involved*
|My current uber-classy key situtaion|
3. Get keys to my very own apartment
4. Furnish & move in to said flat
As you know - so far i only have a couch ordered...no other furniture sourced yet.
|For more info - LINK - to blogpost in case you missed it|
5. Ride more during the week
6. Go on a riding trip to Iceland
|I have a brochure for this place - LINK (not my image)|
7. Visit Aachen (Germany)/Saut Hermes (France)/Hickstead (UK) and/or RDS (Dublin)
The latter two are consecutive weeks I might have to pick one or the other - because fincances *weep*
|LINK - not my image|
|Link - not my image|
8. Go to Badminton or Burghley for top tier 3-Day Eventing viewing awesomeness
9. Go to as many Global Champion Tours as i can get to (read:afford)
|How class would this be - again not my image LINK|
10. Start learning to drive Nancy
Ex-YO (current YO's father and a grandson) have carriage horses and often run driving clinics. I must inform myself on these and see what would be involved in such an endevour
|Commissioned from the wonderfully talented @photosandsketches|
11. Commission a sketch of Nancy to frame for apartment decor as i have two of Kika! #noshame
12. See my uni friends in Ireland - it has been way too long!
13. Take monthly conformation shots of girls to chart progress - if any (Starting January 2015)
14. Get professional photog pics of girls and/or actually learn to use my Canon properly
|not my image - LINK|
15. Do at least one Dressage Anywhere test on either girl, preferably multiple tests on both
16. Sign up for a weekly lesson once I get used to loss of mortgage repayment every month from my salary and other independence related charges #fear #grownupproblems
|Not my media as i have ZERO art skills - LINK|
17. Get car out of the garage & actually drive it!
#shame I may bought a car third hand (with my parents help) from a friend of mine in December last year and I may have had said car in my parents garage since then failing to sort out insurance until last month and now the car won't start so i have to find a mechanic that will come to the house to fix it so i can take it through car testing & get it back on the road. What can I say, out of sight out of mind - the garage is somewhere i rarely go! *blush*
18. Do driving requirement for full license (compulsory training day to "prepare" new drivers for adverse weather conditions etc in secure environment - happen to cost a pretty penny & did I mention it is obligatory?! What a racket!)
|Gratuitous Baby Nancy pic - because why not?!|
19. Research Kika & Nancy's bloodlines & siblings
20. Go back to Equitana Germany
21. Learn to put Polo Wraps on horses and then of course buy all the matchy-matchy thingz
22. Increase blog interaction by posting more
I love getting and replying to comments, which is why i moderate them - so that i see all comments coming in and I don't miss out on the opportunity to reply to someone. I am not sure if there was a captcha or something as well before a comment could be posted, if there was i think i removed it...if not please let me know and I will fidget with the things behind the scenes and settings etc again.
23. Contact Kika's breeder for baby pics and background info on her & siblings/family tree - Linked to #19
24 - to 30 TBD
I am open to suggestions to help fill the final few slots on my list. I know this is quite equine heavy oriented, but with the mahoosive expense of the apartment and furnishing the sucker from scratch I have to try to financially limit my expectations while keeping the goals achievable, motivational & challenging.
Plus with two horses being a substantial and established drain on my finances and time, yet 100% adored & needed for my own sanity and well being, it is really no surprise that they figure so prominently in my plans for my immediate future ☺
I have also created a new page to list everything more neatly and will update - tick things off there if/and when I achieve them...fingers crossed! LINK
Thank you so much to Lauren for coming up with this ingenious idea - it deff makes turning the big 3-0 less daunting and more fun...or maybe I'm weird.
Although as it stands i am not yet worried about turning 30 next year. I am still very much in the "age-is-just-a-number" camp and am yet to start worrying about it. Hopefully I don't have a freakout as I do honestly believe age is but a number...we shall have to see how long that feeling of serenity lasts as the day draws nearer ;-)
LINK - to my original birthday post where i announced my hope of compiling a list such as this.