Friday 11 December 2015

Friday Flashback - our first double clear

Taking a trip down memory lane today, way back to 2009 (10th of October 2009) when Kika and i got our first double clear jumping 1m course no less!


Apologies for haphazard & bouncy video, old school digital camera at work.
The round itself leaves a lot to be desired, my flapping leg cues for take off and running her into the base of the fences resulting in my being jumped out of the tack more often than not are some of the rather unflattering things i do.
Regardless of all my bad riding, I am still super proud of my little horse who to this day continues to put up with my bad riding - although she is less forgiving now days.

When it comes to jumping & competing, I really do miss Ireland! I regularly flirt with the idea of sending her back to the family farm so that I can fly over every other weekend to compete at the local shows. Crazily it would save me money on the monthly livery fees here, but Nancy & I would miss her too much and what if I couldn't register to compete as i don't really live in Ireland anymore. I am technically on secondment to work here in Lux, but as the job is supposedly safe as houses the only reason I'd move back to Ireland would be if I chose to leave my current position...All thoughts for a rainy day perhaps.

22 comments:

  1. Those adult choices vs horsey dreams are so Freakin hard! I like to day dream too ;D

    I love her snappy knees! Not bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping we can make a form of reality from those dreams!

      Delete
  2. I like it when you jump things. You should jump moar things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love nothing more than to jump all the things, but sadly I'd have to set it all up and put it all away after myself & I haz no fence setting skillz.
      There are jumping lessons at the yard every Wednesday evening. Maybe someday ill get there in time to partake!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, pity about the doofus bouncing about on her back! I didn't half drop her into that double *cringe*
      She saved my bacon so many times! We must haz moar jumpz

      Delete
  4. oooh fun video! and what a fun idea about competing more in ireland... tho yea it sounds like an awful lot of running around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do want to look into it more as I miss it something fierce; however am half afraid of asking questions and raising suspicion if ya'know what i mean re:residency and whatnot

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Not our best work it fun for flashbacks ☺

      Delete
  6. What fun!! I didn't know you jumped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love jumping, as does Kika. Nancy not at all lolz, she will do trotting poles it put up a fence and she goes bulldozer.

      I'd love to get back into popping poles...2016 goal perhaps!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. There but I don't like the way the options, it's either speed or style. (1) I don't want to blow Kika's brain after working so hard to get it back and (2) i would fail so hard in a style class *blush*
      I like the "stressfree" approach in Ireland lower levels where keeping the poles up for two rounds gets you a ribbon ☺

      Delete
  8. I love seeing the old video! It's interesting to see what you were doing the year I got Chrome hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like just yesterday still *sigh* where does the time go?!

      Delete
    2. I have no idea!! I can't believe my horse is almost seven and my dog is eight.... they were just babies it feels like!

      Delete
    3. Nawwww, they'll always be out babies. I can't believe I have Kika 9 years next month O.o

      Delete

I love to hear from readers, thank you for your comment :-)