Friday 22 July 2016

Slightly Stupid

Being a bit of a muppet this evening I managed to lock my house & yard keys into my tack locker. Luckily I had my car keys, which for once I brought with me to the stable this evening as we've been having thunder & lightning storms here at night with heavy rainfall. Not wanting to find myself caught out in that I went by car to see the horses/prepare their hay for the field that grass no longer seems to be growing on...
I am also lucky that my parents live just down the hill from the stable & had a spare set of keys to my flat so at least I could get home 😅😶

My tack locker however will be remaining closed till PL comes back on Sunday. She very kindly offered to come out of her way tomorrow afternoon to open it up for me but I've told her not to worry about it. The stupidity was mine and I need to learn from my mistake - plus it's a funny story and anyway it is due to rain all day tomorrow with more thunder and lightning so horse riding options were going to be limited at best.

Quite the QT
#faceofinnocence
In other news I had an arena spin on Nancy yesterday evening in what felt like a sauna, so I kept the spin short and sweet. Bless little Nancy, we were walking around warming up slowly gathering ourselves into better carriage when little miss stopped for a wee 😖
Fairly close to the entrance is where she decided she absolutely had to go...not in the field where she had been all day, not even in the cross ties (where she & Kika have both gone on me before and been fun to clean up #amoniasmells) - but in the arena where she felt a large puddle that I tried to fill in with sand after our spin. Hopefully it didn't reek today - i forgot to go check when I was there locking my keys in my locker...what a weird end to my working week!

Nancy was (as always) a good girl, in spite of the heat and small dressage court marked out dividing up the arena & making things a little awkward. She handled it all in stride and with her usual zen attitude - this girl is such a cool head 😍
She has been suffering a little with sweet itch (i think) again this summer, so hopefully in the coming days I can hammer out a post with all the fun stuff I've been doing & buying to help a girl out

6 comments:

  1. Sweet Nancy bear! I am the laziest sloth in this heat. My pony is a lazy sloth too so he doesn't mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same lolz, meant to ask in my last reply. Have you instagram? Plenty pony pics on that I'm @lyssatra 😆

      Delete
  2. She's a looker! Bummer about the keys though. I've done that a couple times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first time doing it, have never managed before as my locker keys are on the same set so can't normally lock my locker without them but as PL was using her key I forgot all about rescuing mine 😶

      Delete
  3. I've locked my keys in my car trunk so many times at the barn, it's a real problem lol. Also yea my friends horse has to pee basically everywhere all the time. At the end of a ride in the arena? Check. Back at the trailer to I tack? Yup. Once actually on the trailer? Double yup. It's amazing trying to figure out where it all comes from lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time she's gone in the arena, she has often gone when we're trail riding which is fine by me. As Shrek says - better out than in 😂

      Delete

I love to hear from readers, thank you for your comment :-)