Friday 9 January 2015

Seasonal Sales Splurges


Full disclosure I had already ordered these items when I posted my Wednesday Wishlist, however when I started writing the wishlist post before Christmas - I didn't think I'd actually be able to buy these things so soon. But I found them on super sale and couldn't pass up the opportunity to add them to my growing human equine closet.


First up I nabbed two pairs of Aztec Diamond Equestrian breeches for the price of one as part of their post-Christmas sale.

Sir Mixalot would not approve; i gots no butt & I cannot lie -
them other brothers can't deny etc etc.
(Don't mind me as I keep humming to myself)
Sorry the pictures are such poor quality, I never realised how difficult breech selfies are to take! *blush*

Love the detail on the backside - although it was only when
I received them I noticed the half-Union Jack by the unicorns.
I think I'll just keep pretending I didn't notice!

I will post a more detailed review once I have ridden in them & washed them a couple of times. Initial reactions however are that I love the colours & patterns on the back pockets. The material is much lighter than the more cotton-based Horze breeches I have had since moving to Lux.

Apologies for the state of me,
 as I mentioned breeches selfies are hard

The ADE breeches are polyester & spandex, they feel almost waterproof to the touch...I shall have to see if that is my mind playing tricks or if they will have some level of impermeability (this is not an advertised perk - I am just musing in written form). I love the knee patches & thinner tapered material around the calf/ankle area. This will facilitate the wearing of socks & non-bunching when combined with my next sales splurge. The Horze breeches I favoured of late were all velcro fastners at the ankles, which while handy could be bulky inside my gaiters especially as the breeches had more wear & washes resulting in the velcro's stickability lessening.

These awesome knee patches are one of
the things I am most excited to try in tack

Then this weekend I saw that Equestrian.com had Tredstep Ireland tall boots for sale. They aren't the field boots I was trying to decide between in my previous post. But at half price with a further £10 discount I took the chance to splurge on my first pair of leather tall boots.


Sadly I ordered the wrong size so I have emailed them and am hoping they still have a pair left in  my actual size before I send them back.

Sorry I struggled with the lighting &
camera phone for shiny boots *blush*

Funnily enough when I was first looking at leather tall boots these Raphael ones were the ones that caught my eye - as initially I preferred the clean look vs boots with laces. Now my preference has changed slightly & I was going to buy those with laces eventually, but I just couldn't pass up the chance to buy these boots at this price. Especially when I got another 10 quid off for spending over £100. I'd have gotten £15 if the boots had been a penny more ;-)

Each boot had its own velvet bag, inflatable insert & separate insoles

That's a great sales technique as I actually seriously contemplated adding more stuff to my basket to get more of a discount - but wheeled the spending in when I remembered all the upcoming expenses I have already got coming my way at warp speed *jeepers*



I was hoping to try out all my news things together either this evening or definitely at the weekend. I'm not sure if they don't have my size whether I'll try the boots again with thicker socks - or if I'll try to sell them...I'll have to wait and see what customer service replies to my email. I feel like such a dolt for ordering the wrong size, but as I am between sizes I didn't want them to be too small. I should have known better though as I did try them on last time I was in Ireland in both sizes & preferred the size down. I stupidly thought I was being better safe than sorry as I had tried on the Donatellos & not these.
More fool me #imamuppet

24 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty boots! Hopefully you can get the proper size. I'm dying for a pair but can't convince myself to spend the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nab them while they are on super sale on that website - I have been keeping an eye on TI boots for the past 2 years and this is by far the best i have ever seen them priced!

      Delete
  2. Those breeches are adorable on you! Don't feel bad about the boots, it's never easy to find the right size. I want to try the Tredsteps for everyday, but am afraid that they aren't going to be tall enough (damn my leg length). Anyway, I hope that they have the boots in the size you need. You are looking super equestrian fab in your new gear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can find a shop that stocks them to try them on i hope they do fit as i adored my gaiters, i just really wanted to move up to tall boots now that i am beginning to feel like more of an adult *lol*

      You're so sweet, now if only i can start riding like an equestrian! *blush*

      Delete
  3. Also, I have the same tune in my head every time I put on a pair of breeches. It's like my goal in life to find/create ass enlarging breeches ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, when you do please let me know ASAP!
      Although in the second lot of mirros-selfies whatever way I'm standing looks more promising than in the first snapshots...hmhmh

      Delete
  4. I need no help with ass enlargement, all the food does that pretty well on it's own. I wouldn't call the fabric waterproof but it is definitely water resistant, and they repel dirt a whole lot better than the cotton based ones. They're not as warm though... which is great in the summer... not so much right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that would be the case re-warmth...I will ride in them this weekend, and then maybe put them away till spring decides to show up...if it does - pretty please?!
      They will be awesomely light in the spring/summer/autumn - might stick to my heavier cotton breeches for these cold months :)

      Delete
  5. ooh i love those breeches! i had to seriously resist grabbing a pair during that sale... but it was hard! can't wait to hear what you think after riding in them for a while!

    and bummer the tredsteps don't fit right... i think they are a slightly tricky fit - and i ended up with a pair that's a little looser in the calf than i would prefer (but still totally workable)... but then for my schooling boots i went the opposite way and now i have two pairs that don't fit me the way i'd like!!! ugh frustrating!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - if only you could mesh the two you might have the perfect boots!

      Delete
  6. AHHHHH I love the unicorn pockets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stupidly didn't notice they also came in black when I was ordering. I think they look even better in the black ♡♡♡

      Delete
  7. LOVE those breeches and own those boots! We can be tredstep boot sisters ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We already are, well sort of - i have the Tredstep ProG2 gaiters...does that make us half- or maybe step-sisters; -)
      Either way we need to get Emma too as she has the DaVincis i have been lusting after ♡♡♡♡

      Delete
    2. "step" sisters - hehehehe :)
      I have a sickness, because recently I've been wanting the DaVincis as well!!!

      Delete
    3. What a coincidence i didn't make the Tred"step" sister connection till now - Yay for bonus pun!

      Not a sickness - they are too beautiful to be stuck in a store ;-)

      Delete
    4. yessss step sisters - haha i love it

      Delete
    5. *grin*
      We must convert moar peeps to the cause - these boots are too beautiful to be kept all for us....unless *mwuahahaha*

      Delete
  8. Great now I have that song stuck in my head LOL!!!!! I can join the club though. I actually had a friend's husband tell me I have no butt.... umm gee thanks dude I never talk to and I think you're weird. :) I hope you can get the boots sorted out. I hate when I order something and it's not quite right and all the excitement leading up to it just gets kind of squashed for a little bit. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The customer service has said exchanging them shouldn't be a problem, now to just get the boots back to the UK ☺

      Delete
  9. yay! feels good to spoil yourself does't it haha
    love the boots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does till the credit card bill arrives LOLZ
      I'm hopefully sending these back and getting a pair that actually fits!

      Delete
  10. I love tall boots. Love, love, love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to feel the same way once I break mine in *grin*

      Delete

I love to hear from readers, thank you for your comment :-)