This was not a Christmas wishlist as I hadn't mentioned any of these desires to people who might be buying gifts for me. Call me stupid, but I think these items are too pricey for me to ask anyone to buy but me *blush*
I'd feel bad, especially as this year I do not have excess funds to splurge on equally lavish gifts in return.
I see this as more of a never ending wishlist *grin*
I also hope to create a new tab/page at the top of the blog to facilitate my finding it and updating it. Either with more items I want (most likely) or if/and when I actually manage to tick things off the wishlist (less likely - let's be honest here peeps) ;-)
- Royal Rider stirrup irons...but must do background research into supposed benefits as I don't actually know anything about them. Hopefully they have magic-help-keep-my-heels down powers.
- Shoulders back aid.
My body could deff do with some retraining in this department, both in tack and in general everyday life. I sit very badly in both scenarios, although oddly i am slightly better when in a saddle - but still a long way from actually having my shoulders as they should be - which actually just goes to show how poorly i am in RL as you have seen my abysmal riding photos! Hopefully actually getting my shoulders back might help me lift my eyeline and stop staring at my hands/the horse's neck and actually look between their ears like one is supposed to *nod*
Now to figure out what the difference is between Shoulders Back & Shoulders Back Lite - although it is probably something simple like the material the product is made from, amirite?
- New bit for Kika, below is her current bit which I think I got in March 2013. Sorry the photo quality isn't great, but i have never remembered to take an actual picture of it laid out. *note-to-self* DO THIS!
Anyways, one of the rings is after getting stuck, probably because I don't clean it as well as I should. I mean sure I rinse the middle section after every ride, but I don't exactly get my hands soaked in cold water to de-funk it properly after every spin - especially not in the subzero temps we've been getting this autumn/winter #shameonme
Now I'll have to pay the piper though and keep my eyes peeled for the same bit again as she goes well in it and I picked it up for E20 at a trade fair. It's a no-name brand (as the price would suggest) but it works well for us & I have been super happy with it to date. I am just a little nervous now in case the fact I paid so little for it comes back to bit me in the ass - I just hope if it is going to break that it doesn't do so when I am riding!
Although if it did, it would totally serve me right for (a) buying cheap things but more importantly (b) not taking proper care of it. As it is not only price tag that dictates quality, one must also look after their things...lesson learned and I will take better care of Nancy's and whatever new bit I get Miss Kika.
- Rollerball spurs & a new schooling whip.
I misplaced my spurs a few months back and recently lost my good schooling whip, both times by forgetting to tidy them away after using them and so they grew legs and/or were kindly tidied away by the WS/trainers and as mine were both generic items i didn't bother trying to find them again. Moar spending required - *drool*
Open to suggestions - particularly on the spurs as I don't often ride in them, but have found that I am relying more on my schooling whip when riding Kika than I should be, so perhaps some gentle spurs could be of better use to us.
- Alternate winter jacket to trade off with my Eurostar Carlotta so that I can still be warm when one is in the wash. Maybe Horseware Babel in black although I am not sure about the leopard print inside the collar, advice please!
I'd better make up my mind quickly though as I don't think Horseware are still making this line of jackets as the link I have shared (and where i lifted the picture from) is the only place I have found it still for sale online & in my size!
Although i do also really like the look of the Cavallino Marino Atlantis Riding Jacket picture below. Both are quite pricey, but i haven't been able to find one as warm as my Carlotta on sale...shall keep my eyes peeled all the same.
- Monograms!!!!! I want to monogram all the things, so that my stuff won't go walkies, advise please on initials please. I have a bit of a dilemma; my initials are AA, and although I don't drink alcohol anymore...I did not give up because I couldn't control myself. I gave up so that I could afford to keep a horse (that ended up being Kika) while I was at university. Or else I was thinking maybe AKN; combining mine & the girls initials or some variation thereof. Methinks however i should probably lead with my initial and at least pretend like I run the show ;-)
Also advice me please on monogram productions, I know of Personal Preppy, Relatively Stable, Gigi & Tea ... am open to learning about any and all others. I would love to support a small business, but i need to know about them - also they would have to ship internationally. So i will have to do some investigating too
- Roeckl gloves - I mean come on who doesn't want a pair of these?! Especially after L @Viva Carlos' awesome review & ringing endorsement of the product *thumbsup*
The only question will be - whish colour(s) do I need ;-)
- Aztec Diamond Flight breeches and/or Annie's Tardis blue amazingness. I lay 100% of the blame for both these desires at $900fbpony's feet as if it wasn't for her awesome blog, i would never have heard of either of these brands and I would still be living with even more breech-envy than I currently do.
I am sure this list will evolve and grow with time - but these are the desires topping it at the moment. Some like the bit, jacket and whip/spurs are practically necessities - everything else is an unadulterated frivolous consumerist desire #noshame
Oh & the boots - the boots are of utmost necessity as my current paddock boots & gaiters are very much on their last legs. In fact every time I put them on I half fear they will either not go on, fall apart or never come off again as the zip sticks *blush*
I would make the worlds worst hunter princess - I literally fall apart at the seems
PS: all photos in the post are either taken from the links listed or in the case of the bit are my own images. No copyright infringement is meant!
PPS: I am making my first attempt at scheduling a post, so fingers crossed this works!