Friday 8 April 2016

Guerilla Grazing 2016

The countdown to 24/7 turnout is on in earnest now. T-22days officially, but if grass growth and weather are good here's hoping they can get out a little earlier again this year!


This obviously means starting on a progressively extending process of handgrazing in the evenings (mostly) and mornings & middays if i have time and/or its the weekend. They got about 15minutes this evening to start them off and I'll try to double it tomorrow, maybe even sneakily handgraze them twice once on the way out to the field and once on the way back in to spend some time bonding with them. There will be no saddle time this weekend as they got their annual vaccines today so will benefit from a couple easy days.


The photos accompanying this post made me giggle as they Lady & the Tramp'ed toward one another...closer & closer Lawlz




And finally for comparison a side by side of how Kika is hoarding her hair while Nancy has wonderfully shed almost all her winter wollies.


18 comments:

  1. Girls are looking great! I've been hand grazing Ramonstero a lot lately too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellied babes the pair of them,need the refine them a bit and trim them down before they get 24/7 access to the green stuff ;-)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Look at those dapples :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their spring coats are my favs
      ♡♡♡♡ the dapples

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. This is my favourite time of the year. Cherry blossoms, dapples and new flowers & life as baby animals appear ☺☺☺

      Delete
  4. Ha my mare is going BANANAS about the grass right now too and cannot WAIT for turnout to open up! She weaves like a drunken sailor through any grass, trying to always stop for the tastiest morsels ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha she sounds like Nancy who has to keep.movomg for fear she'd miss out on the best bits. Kika just drops the anchor and grazes the shiz out of the same area #lazyass

      Delete
  5. I'm swooning over the dapples too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait for them to come in in earnest ☺

      Delete
  6. I cannot WAIT for night turnout at our farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so happy every year ♡♡♡

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I think they are pretty cool but i am 100% biased

      Delete
  8. Wow that's crazy the difference in their shedding. I LOVE the dapples!! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They crack me up with all their differences.

      Delete

I love to hear from readers, thank you for your comment :-)