Monday 25 April 2016

WTF weather?!

The weather has taken a horrible dip, dropped from 18°C Wednesday to 5°C o er the weekend with a real feel of -3°C with rain and hail for most of yesterday.


*sigh*
The horses are supposed to be going on 24/7 turnout on the 1st of May. As it is they didn't get out yesterday or today - hopefully the fact it's supposed to warm *cough*ahem*cough* up to between 7-13° for the rest of the week. But sadly it's still looking like rain, snow and lightning ... I mean seriously WTF weather?

This time last year they were already out

I had weaned the girls off their rugs but now I've been tempted to put them back on and toss them out...but figured temps climbing back to teens means they should be ok without their rugs. Perhaps Kika has had the right idea all along with not completely shedding her winter coat yet...she's a bit ragged looking tbh

8 comments:

  1. Gee whiz serious WTF for the weather! Hopefully the sun shows its face soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so as they are supposed to go out on the 1st of May & I need them to as I'm flying back to Ireland on the 2nd to the 9th to see my sister who is back from the States. I really need the horses to be able to be out 24/7 so i don't get the guilts :-/

      Delete
  2. I know. Last week shorts, this week fireplace. Hey, you have raps. I haven't seen any yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photo was taken last year, haven't seen any up this side yet either

      Delete
  3. Ugh I think we are FINALLY on the spring side of weather now, hopefully you'll be there soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we were too but it's bitter again here this morning. It was 0° when I put them out this morning before work - i feel bad but they have to be outside as they go out 24/7 this the weekend *gulp*

      Delete
  4. Ugh horrible weather!! That sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful, but thankfully it appears to have been temporary.

      Delete

I love to hear from readers, thank you for your comment :-)