Sunday 2 November 2014

Sunday Stills

I had a great day at the yard today with my girls, I got a lovely spin on Kika with the arena to ourselves again today. Nancy & I had a bit of a struggle bus spin, she wasn't bad & we had much better canter work then yesterday - but our walk & trot work left plenty to be desired.

Top - pre-ride / Bottom - post-spin which included some no stirrups...Yay for meeting goals!

The good news is I heard back from the trainer i had a lesson with back in August and I've my first lesson for this week scheduled for Monday morning. I'll ride Nancy for this first lesson to try and get us back on track and then try and schedule a lesson for Kika & I on Tuesday. 

Nancy & I before work, it was much cooler today as can be seen from foggy mirror

The girls then both spun on the walker while i cleaned their stables; as i hoped to dry them out some but before I put them out on our winter turnout while i continued working on the fencing all the while keeping an eye on them. Another goal should be met this week as I spoke to my friend who clipped them last year and we hope to get one done Tuesday evening & the other Wednesday evening. 

The pair of them keeping a close eye on me as i worked

The pair of them were initially very good when I turned them out. There was a bit of running & screeching when two others got turned out in a neighbouring field and coincidently horses passed on the way for a hack in the woods. However I kept on about my business fencing and the cutie pies kept coming back to check up on the work I was doing.
I'm going to shut up now and leave you with two final snapshots i captured of them that melt my heart. 
I ♡ them!

Post-work dramatic sweaty pose
 complete with foamy lipstick
Nancy & my mama always have great chats

10 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm happy you had a great weekend! The picture with your mum is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NHW, Nancy has the market stall set out on cute behaviour. She is such a pocket pony ♡

      Delete
  2. Yay glad you are able to get some lessons in and your mom visited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy loves my mama, she is such a sweetheart

      Delete
  3. ooh i'm excited to hear about the lessons! the ponies look so sweet and cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks can be deceiving...naw, they really are sweet ☺
      First lesson report is up, although sorry it is so haphazard

      Delete
  4. Yay I'm excited you have a lesson scheduled!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 4 scheduled for this week - uber happy ☺☺☺☺

      Delete
  5. what a great Sunday funday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, here's hoping the rest of the week will be as fun ☺

      Delete

I love to hear from readers, thank you for your comment :-)