Monday 6 May 2013

Equestrian Bucket list




 Every rider has a Bucket List of equestrian activities they'd like to achieve some day if possible.
Mine include but are not in anyway limited to the following:





 General goals
  1. Ride side-saddle
  2. Ride Western  
  3. Try Polo - I really want to go back to Argentina for a week of this!
  4. Ride on the beach 
  • Ride my own horse(s) on a beach

Visits I'd love to achieve
  1. Go to Aachen, Hickstead, Olympia, Mechelen, Badminton or Burghley and any of the big Parisienne indoor SJ Paloozas (ie: Saut Hermes or the Gucci Masters etc) ... heck any and all other horse events within traveling distance would be epic!
  2. Go to Kentucky in general & particular the KHP, maybe for a Rolex weekend if I can swing it!
  3. Go on a trekking and/or safari on horseback holiday 









Personal riding goals
  1. Return to working on lateral work with Kika namely leg yielding, L works on it with her but I haven't done any in ages as I never felt comfortable doing it on my own so don't want to give mixed messages.
  2. Do more work on flying changes and learn to ask for them without a pole over which to ask for the change (only time I've done it - thankfully she changes herself when jumping and/or the jumps we are doing low enough for the moment that if she is wrong we can still get over them)
  3. Learn to turn on the haunches & forehand
  4. Keep working on the basics with Nancy and develop our bond.




As with any equestrian, this list is subject to change as goals are ticked off and new ones born!





PS: All photos have been pinched c/o google images & I claim no copyright!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on doing the list ..... and now off to work on achieving it !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll hopefully get at least 1 1/2 goals taken care of in August and another one possibly next month!
      Fingers crossed! :D

      Delete
    2. thats the attitude :D
      Looking forward to reading all about it :)

      Delete
    3. If the things we are planning do pan out - you'll be hard pushed to shut me up about it! :-)

      Delete
  2. Come visit me next rolex weekend :) maybe ill be able convice other fun bloggers to come visit too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't tempt me! Not sure how finances will be then, but deff worth looking in to. Would be great to see a "familiar" face! ;)

      Delete
  3. What a great list! I should do this... i love how you (and Lyssette) laid this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyssette is an inspiration on so many levels!

      Delete
  4. Great goals, lots very attainable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, a lot of those could be done with one trip, i.e. riding western on a beach is common over here. Having done it several times, I think it would be more fun on your own horse, at least then you aren't learning their quirks while galloping across a beach ;) I too would love to go to Kentucky, especially a Rolex weekend etc. Blogger group outing next year, lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KK, Kentucky blogger meet up sounds like a class idea! Shall have to see what we can do about that and if finances will allow it! :p

      Delete
  6. I'm with you on the Western thing, have never done it but I want to.... I bet Flurry would be up for it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers, thank you for your comment :-)