Sunday 15 February 2015

Sunday Funday

Both girls were really good today, amazing what a little consistency & saddle time will do for horses and riders amirite ;-)

Foamface 
I started with Kika in the same indoor as yesterday and dispensed with the lunging. As i know her quirks by now and if she gets it into her head to be a numbnut, lunging and/or walker before riding won't make an iota of difference to her. If she wants to be silly and jump and squirm at shadows when you ride she will either way.
So i placed three trotting poles to distract the two of us as a reward if we both kept our cool and/or needed a distraction/reset button ☺

It's been so long since I saw a blue sky
 i almost didn't know what to do with myself
She was a superstar, I concentrated on walk until she settled and i knew her frame of mind (read:better than yesterday). So we moved up to trot and canter work without any fuss. Sure we still had some squiggly squirmy moments, but overall she was 10 times better than Saturday. I had accidentally placed the poles in such a way that we really had to ride into the scary corners to get our turns - totes a happy coincidence. As we navigated those bad boys without either of us throwing the toys out of the pram. No they weren't pretty, but we got the job done so i am a happy camper.


It was a lovely day so I decided to take Nancy for a stroll in the woods and Kika came along on a leadrope cos why not. She has had the bones of three weeks off so a bit of walking wasn't going to kill her. Nancy didn't put a toe out of line, not on crow hop or kick nor did she bulge/swing her backside left at any stage. I'll still get the osteo out to her, but maybe the issues in arena work are mine...let's be honest - this is 99% probable. ;-)
Our only hiccup was on our way to the woods we have to pass a field where a couple horses are turned out. Normally this isn't a problem, but today the black and white cob was lying down with his back to us. So Nancy stopped for a gawk till he turned to look at us and she realised it was a horse and not a monstrosity or whatever she had previously thought.

I am over the moon that I have managed to sign up for a lesson on each tomorrow. Kika first at 13h30 & then Nancy a little later at 15h30. I cannot wait!

20 comments:

  1. Wahoooooo good rides! Can't wait to hear about the lessons :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, baby steps and lessons and hopefully we can start making some progress or at least be somewhat consistent...fingers crossed in any case

      Delete
  2. glad the girls were good - and those blue skies! what a perfect day for a walk through the woods! hope the lessons go well too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pure bliss going for a stroll with my two best equines.
      I'm hoping all goes well tomorrow too, or at least that trainer can give me tips & insight going forward for what is going on with the monkeys below me ;-)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful day! Have fun tomorrow with your lessons - can't wait for the recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping I'll be able to remember the laundry lost of corrections I've got coming my way ;-)

      Delete
  4. Getting outside for once makes all the difference! Just going to say again, I love your Ms. Kika, so if you ever tire of her shenanigans, just ship her over to the US... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, come ride her here first just to be sure you want to pay the shipping expense for her and her attitude! ;-p

      Delete
    2. Totally tempting! If plane tickets were free, I'd be there in a second!!

      Delete
    3. Keep an eye on fares, Europe is a fab place to visit & you'd have free bed & board for yours and hubby's stop in Luxembourg ;-)

      Delete
  5. Yay blue skies! It is so nice to go for a hack. Cant wait to hear about the lessons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pure bliss & thank god I didn't wait till today as originally had been the plan as it was friggin freezing here today!

      Delete
  6. You know kika so well. Glad it was a Better day. Nancy hawking at the cob sounds pretty cute. Kinda silly...but cute too! Such great girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kika has trained me well more like ;-)
      Nancy is such a sweetheart, not a bad bone in her body unlike Miss Kika who is made up of mischievous-make-me bones ☺

      Delete
  7. Looks gorgeous out! Sunday Fundays are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so lucky to be able to get out to the woods yesterday, it was bitterly cold today. I am super glad that I didn't wait to go today ☺

      Delete
  8. Consistency is key... and I'm really lacking that in my riding schedule right now. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, haven't sat on the angels since Monday...fingers crossed for tomorrow!

      Delete
  9. Two lessons in one day! Fun! I'm glad both girls were well behaved. They probably just had to get readjusted to working hehe. Kind of like us when we get off vacation hehe.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers, thank you for your comment :-)